Archivio Queer Italia is searching for a Head of Digital Communications to promote the vision and activities of AQI. This candidate will be in charge of the research and delivery of the AQI listings and newsletter as well as managing the press database and contacts. More info below.
The Archivio Queer Italia (AQI) project was founded by Giulia Casalini (co-director of CUNTemporary) with the support of CUNTemporary in London in September 2013. AQI is the first Italian platform for queer art, theory and activism.
- The incorporation of a database to create a virtual archive of artistic, theoretical and activist expressions related to gender & sexuality in Italy (online in January 2015, on-going project).
- Creating spaces and mobile events for the display of such activities (e.g. art fairs, museums, institutions, street interventions).
- 3. Publishing news on queer and feminist topics and listing events and activities taking place in Italy (Facebook/Twitter).
- 4. Organisation of “Teoremi”, a bi-annual itinerant performance festival against sexual and gender discriminations in Italy.
- Working towards the production of a journal to be launched January 2016
- Support the development and implementation of a social media and communications strategy
- Researching cultural spaces/galleries/museums that showcase queer and feminist aesthetics in Italy
- Researching Italian-based queer and feminist exhibitions and events on a weekly basis and promoting them on our social media
- Managing and updating AQI’s website and social media (Facebook and Twitter accounts) and the weekly listings
- Contributing to AQI with theoretical insights and organizational endeavours
- Writing and editing of press releases and publications
- Passionate about themes at the intersection of feminist and queer theory, politics, art and activism
- Passionate about contributing and shaping the future of a very promising project
- Is able to commit to a minimum of 6 months, ideally this is a long-term collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Italian
- A good knowledge of Italian organizations that work with the arts, feminism and queer
- Able to volunteer 6 to 8 hours a week (home-based research and work) and 1 monthly meeting.
- Experience of working independently and as part of a team.
- Able to travel to conferences, festivals and events where AQI will participate. Flights and accommodation will be covered.
Apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (please use both addresses) by the 4rd January 2015. Please use “AQI application” as subject line.
The team will get back to you by the 6th of January 2015.